Re: [TowerTalk] Tower in the woods

To: <k3gm_qrp@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower in the woods
From: "JOHN A JACOBSEN" <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:25:06 -0500
Tom,
Looks like you've got LOT'S of hints on the concrete end of the project.
Nothing on the trees though. When you trim the trees, don't stop at just the
clearance for turning the antennas. Them puppies grow! (Trees and antennas). I
think I'd trim at least twice what I needed, if not more. One of the locals I
know seems to be trimming his trees for clearance every other year. When I trim
trees (just for looks and to thin out) I use advice given me a long time
ago..."Trim 'em 'till they look good, then take a little bit more". Twist that
around for tower work anyway you want. Good luck on your project.
73  K9WN
Jake