Re: [TowerTalk] polyrod

To: keith@dutson.net, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] polyrod
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:45:08 +0000
> Any downside to this stuff other than shipping and handling expense/problems
> associated with 8 foot rolls, plus having to buy 5000 feet at a time?

None that I can think of.

Is it coated or must one use gloves to keep from getting splinters?

Probably a good idea but it does have a gel-coat like surface, like your
fiberglass boat hull.

Will it break
> if something heavy like a gin pole falls on it?

It's actually hard to break; I personally can not take a six foot long piece
and bend it enough to break it, but one would have to be careful.  I'm sure a
gin pole falling down could cause a problem.  I don't think so much breaking it
in two but I'd think a nick could eventually lead to some splintering and
delamination.

Does it need to be  protected from UV/weather? No, it's UV protected and
weather resistant.