Re: [TowerTalk] Aluma Crank Up Towers

To: <Jamesnf@aol.com>, <nd8l@juno.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluma Crank Up Towers
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <vze1u2wn@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:37:43 -0400
Ray,
I have a 35ft (T-140?) Alumna tower which I use portable off the roof rack
of my truck and it is awesome!
Over the years, I've changed some of the pulley hardware which is REALLY
EASY to do on the Alumna towers.
My radio club has a three section version which I've also used and it is
fine, too!

I really like the no-concrete base, but I've used 8x16 inch patio blocks
packed with sand to make a more solid base that is removable at a later
time.
I've even done this with steel tilt-over towers that use a pivot post.
Just a thought to consider!

Overall, Alumna is highly recommended!

Thanks!
Gordon Beattie