Re: [TowerTalk] dumbing down...extra class test

To: "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dumbing down...extra class test
From: N4BAA - JOSE CASTILLO <n4baa@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:31:57 -0400
Kevin,

SIR!..You are AB-SO-LUTE-LY correct...and to some degree it
burns my "insulators" discussing this...I normally don't
"chime" in when I don't have an out right solution...but..

I was licensed in 1977 and worked my butt off to get to be
an EXTRA CLASS (20WPM + theory packed tests) license by age
15.  I spent endless hours studying (I was into electronics
anyway...and still am in the navy...)and found it very
worthwhile to finally LEARN what I was doing and be able to
discuss "theory" and the likes....

Thus, here we are in 2005 with younger and younger EXTRA
class "ticket" holders..when all they really have obtained
is a "memorization license"...

The biproduct is also hurting OUR hobby because it seems to
be packed with poor operating skills and the sheer lack of
QUALITY elmers/role models...

Someone help put an end to this spiraling problem....Get the
bus rolling and I am all over it!

73's to all!

Jose Castillo - N4BAA