Re: [TowerTalk] Question for crank owners

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question for crank owners
From: Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 05:15:05 -0800 (PST)
My Tx-472 (notice it doesnt say TX-472MDP) stays at
full height most of the time. when we are supposed to
get big weather or i am going to be out of time for an
extended time i will crank it all the way down. i
would keep it lowered more often IF it were a
motorized tower , but , cranking that damn thing up
and down by hand isnt any fun , especially during an
ice storm when you need a hard hat a good heavy jacket
and gloves. by the way it is easier to crank up than
down. i think i have most of what i will need to
motorize this thing during the up coming summer.

good luck

Dan N8DCJ