Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Location

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Location
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:51:07 -0500
Well I have to agree on applying a suitable rotator that is oversized so you
do not have mess with it very often.
I have turned an A3S for many years with an Alliance rotator, it finally bit
the dust (well actually there was nothing wrong with the rotator, it was the
mounting that gave way but did not realize that until I had installed a new
rotator) in a wall cloud last year but was rebuilt and sold used to another
ham who is using it.
I now have the Yaesu G-800 DXA under that same antenna with an additional 15
element 2 meter beam.  I expect it to last as long if not longer than the
Alliance did.  It is mast mounted top and bottom as the 50' crank up aluma
tower is small foot print and will not accomodate a rotator inside the top
section.
Gene Bigham KB0GU