Re: [TowerTalk] interaction problem...

To: StellarCAT <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] interaction problem...
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:29:09 -0700
Hi, Gary.

OK ... I think I understand better now.  If the F/B of the stack is that
low, then something must indeed be amiss, and having the SWR vary that
much as you turn it would probably concern me as well.  It's going to
take one of the experts on the list to comment on that.

HFTA shows, however, that below about 12 degrees takeoff angle (which
covers most 10m DX) the stack will only give you about 10-12 db gain
over the dipole.  Between 12 degrees and 20 degrees, the stack has a dep
notch and the dipole would, according to HFTA, have a significant
advantage ... maybe even a few S-units.  The stack doesn't show a gain
greater than 12db over the dipole until you get way out to about 21
degrees where the dipole has a notch, and that angle is pretty high for
most 10m propagation.

73,
Dave  AB7E