Re: [TowerTalk] Tower ACCIDENT

To: "Blake M" <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Bill Winkis" <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower ACCIDENT
From: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:04:59 -0400
I am thinking that in this case the tower had some hidden corrosion of the
lower leg/legs and also had a bad lower guy wire. All was OK with the 3 sets
of guys holding everything. however when the remaining portion of the tower
was supported by the lowest set of guy wires only - one of these guys failed
under load and the corroded tower leg then folded in pulling out the poorly
attached wall mounting bracket with it.

Mark N1UK  G3ZZM