Re: [TowerTalk] Stadiums as Tower/Contest Locations

To: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stadiums as Tower/Contest Locations
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:17:23 -0400
As a professional educator and coach, I looked into that when I was
employed at a school that had four beautifully placed pair of light
towers on a football field that ran from NE to SW .. ideal for a 4-el
80m wire beam on Europe!

My request was simply that I wished to be allowed to use the stadium
light standards for international communications and was willing to
sign a waiver of liability.  The "Director of Operations" was amenable
to the idea, especially after I offered to donate a modest to the
'athletic fund' for stadium upkeep.

The idea was presented to the "school board" for a final decision.
They said, "YES" .... with one requirement ... that the donation be at
least $1,000.

That shot me down and I operated from my home station instead.

Don
N8DE