Re: [TowerTalk] Stadiums as Tower/Contest Locations

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stadiums as Tower/Contest Locations
From: Floyd Rodgers <kc5qbc@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:18:43 -0700 (PDT)
While not a stadium per se, the club I participate with has used a public park
with many athletic fields for exactly the same reasons for years. The light
standards ~125 feet tall, public exposure, great unrestricted views and in our
case, the highest elevation in the county (almost). We always do very well as
W5AUY. We support events for the local city and get the use of the park in
exchange. Inviting the public officials (fire, police, city) out for a really
good free meal, doesn't hurt your chances either. Now if we could just figure
out how to get free air conditioning......