Re: [TowerTalk] Need Advice on Cherry Picker

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Advice on Cherry Picker
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:55:24 -0700 (PDT)
I'll second the praise for the Genie man lifts. We had
the occasion last year at work to rent one for about
six months. We needed to get a couple of guys (me) up
about 20 feet to attached a large experimental antenna
array on top of a 15 foot mast on an outdoor antenna
test range. I don't know the model of Genie lift we
had but it had a four cylinder engine and four wheel
drive. You could drive it even while the bucket was
extended to the full 40 feet even though we never had
the occasion to use it at that height. The learning
curve was pretty short to learn how to safely drive
and maneuver that thing. I really could have used it
at home for a weekend! Wwould have saved me $1200 in
tree trimming and removal expenses.

73,
Stew K3ND

http://mail.yahoo.com