Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Question
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:33:00 -0400
Personally I see no reason for a second bearing and I see a huge headache
trying to line up a top bearing, middle bearing and a rotator on something
built as unprecise as the Rohn mounting plates.  Your rotator already has
thrust bearings and it should easily accommodate the side forces at the
bottom of the mast if it's properly sized.

John KK9A