Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Question

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Question
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:34:23 -0400
Why would an additional bearing have anything to do with reduced rotator
failure?  I could only see it adding to failure due to binding.  In order to
not have binding all three plate would have to be very parallel and the mast
would have to be perfectly centered in your rotator.  This is challenging
using Rohn product that are not precisely made.  I suspect it only works for
you by having enough distance between the bearings and rotator that the mast
bends.    If there is such a reduction in rotator failure using this method,
why are you so concerned about making it easier to replace them.

KK9A