[TowerTalk] Pinned boom to mast on 203ba

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pinned boom to mast on 203ba
From: "k2vi" <k2vi@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:12:07 -0400
Can someone tell me why would you have to pin the boom to the mast on the
203BA?? This antenna weighs 32# on a 19' boom.Very light.My mosley ta-33 which
weighs 37# on a 14' boom.This antenna does not have to be pinned.Can i get away
with pinning the boom.I am not in a high wind area.Also the 203 shows that you
have to insert a rope into each element because of low wind vibration.How does
the water weep out the ends.Whats up with the rope?Are the radials that thin
that they might snap without the rope?I want to try this antenna but think i
will stay with the mosley ta-33 which does not require pinning the boom and the
rope in the elements.Any advice will be apreciated .thank you.

anthony K2VI