[TowerTalk] Safety Gear

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safety Gear
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 15:10:53 -0600
With the recently past talk about climbing harnesses and gear, I'm
going to ask Santa for some new safety equipment. One way or the
other, I want more than I have, which is a safety belt with a
lanyard. This means I've free-climbed my tower until I get to where I
want to be and set the positioning lanyard. I never liked it much and
I like it even less now.

I have an HDBX-48 tower and I'm looking at the Champion Radio site.
Prices seem reasonable. I see the full harness, but it's *only* the
harness.  I'll certainly need a positioning lanyard, but I'll also
need two additional lanyards with rebar hooks, and fall-arrest
lanyard. Should the rebar hooks be on 6 ft lanyards? Anything else?
What should I carry tools and parts in? Is there a better/additional
place I should look at?

Kim Elmore N5OP