Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Trust Bearing/an ounce of prevention....

To: Bill Parry <bparry@rgv.rr.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Trust Bearing/an ounce of prevention....
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:30:53 -0500
Bill the bolts on the TB3 thrust bearing are 3/8 dia. Course thread  16 TPI.
there 1 1/2 long and need a jam nut and a lock washer.

GL Wayne

> From: bparry@rgv.rr.com> To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com> Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007
> 08:11:26 -0600> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Trust Bearing/an ounce of
> prevention....> > Replacing those bolts sounds like a good idea. Perhaps I
> should assume that> my tower guy is going to be able to remove those bolts
> and purchase some SS> ones. I got my Rohn book last night and looked up the
> TB3. Unfortunately,> it does not show the size of those bolts. Do any of you
> fellows have the> specs on the bolts?> > Bill, W5VX> > -----Original
> Message-----> From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com>
> [mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Roger (K8RI)> Sent:
> Wednesday, December 05, 2007 12:52 AM> To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com;
> TOWERTALK@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Trust Bearing/an
> ounce of prevention....> > > > > > The key here is to throw away those ratty
> bolts Rohn gives you with the> > thrust bearing before you install it..
> Replace them with stainless steel > > AND put> > Pene
 trox or some anti-oxidant on the bolt so it won't freeze. It worked > > for> >
me!> > That's the way I do it as well, plus the addition of a locking nut. I
use a > *little* Never Seize or a little of plain old Moly Disulphide grease.
Just > enough to keep the threads from gauling (sp?)> > Roger (K8RI).> > >> >
AOL's list of 2007's > > hottest> > products.> >
(http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)> >