[TowerTalk] Maine winters and Montana, Wash DC, CNY winters too

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Maine winters and Montana, Wash DC, CNY winters too
From: "Robert G. Strickland" <rcrgs@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 02:08:53 +0000
Having lived in Montana, Central NY, and Washington DC, all for many
winters, the "easiest" was Montana. Temps up on the Canadian border
regularly got to -10 to -30F before the wind was figured in. The very
worst, IMHO, was Washington DC: nothing worse than 33F and drizzle/frozen
rain all the time. CNY is known for snow, and I've shoveled my way through
feet at a time; beats lifting weights in the basement anytime.

 From my perspective, it's all in the attitude and the willingness to work
with the weather rather than rant and rave against it. But, then again,
that's true for life in general.

... robert

Robert G. Strickland PhD ABPH - KE2WY
rcrgs@verizon.net.usa