[TowerTalk] Jefa Tech cable QUALITY ? Resp from DAVIS RF Co

To: <nekvtster@gmail.com>, "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Jefa Tech cable QUALITY ? Resp from DAVIS RF Co
From: "Steve Davis -Davis RF Co." <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:46:27 -0400
Hi Folks,   Although I see several positive responses, let me add this:
there are numerous co's doing LMR knock offs (several mfd. in China) .  Some
are good mfr's but in our commercial base, nobody is switching from Times.
Reason being, it's an excellent cable.  US Mil is and wireless entities are
BIG time with Times.

One response astutely questions the pricing.   I strongly believe in "you
get what you pay for", and in the case of these noted prices, the quality or
source is highly questionable.  The co. itself, never heard of them and my
resourceful guy in MD never did either.  In fairness, that also means never
heard anything bad either. But who has actually tested this cable??
Lastly, at HF, even the Chinese junk will hold up pretty close, performance
wise and likely for X # of years (likely less than good quality jacketing)
relative to its outer jacket in sun....but without proof of proper testing,
who knows about the actual specs??.   As I said though,  you get what you
pay for....and the most important aspect to ur station is the antenna,
second is getting that best signal into your shack, and for a good long time
before it or the cable degrades.  Personally, I would never cut/pay short on
beam/tower installation, excellent connectors with waterproofing and quality
coax.

73, Steve Davis  K1PEK    DAVIS  RF Co. ,  Div. Orion Wire Co.
      Wire, cable, cable design engineering
                 www.DavisRF.com