Re: [TowerTalk] GALVANIZED Bolts

To: Larry E Sheriff <sher9000@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] GALVANIZED Bolts
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 19:28:26 -0400
Larry E Sheriff wrote:
> Does anyone have a place they buy galvanized bolts and U bolts at. I am in
> need of U bolts, 3/4X2" bolts and nuts.
> I am working on a tower project of my on for a change.

Check your area for industrial fastener supply places.  We have "Prime
Fastener" and "Alma Bolt" (part of the same outfit) and they are on the
web as well.  Most larger cities will have something similar with prices
far better than the local hardware or big box stores.  I can usually
purchase a box of 100 1/4" or 1/2" by what ever for about the price of a
half dozen to a dozen of the same size at the big box stores and when it
comes to galvanized you are purchasing a known quality rather than the
unmarked stuff elsewhere. <:-))

Roger (K8RI - ARRL Life Member)
www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)