Re: [TowerTalk] 10 Meter 2 Stack, 3 Stack vs. Higher Beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Hanksm703@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 10 Meter 2 Stack, 3 Stack vs. Higher Beam
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:55:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/22/2009 12:52:01 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,

>  Trying to gain an understanding of what I would be better  off with on
10
Meters; a 2 or 3 stack of medium - longer boom 10  meter beams, or just one

higher 10 Meter beam at maybe 120 - 140  feet?

    Have you modeled it in TA? I think you'll find  that a single yagi that
high is way too high for most conditions.

    The secret to success on any band is to have  multiple antennas for
that band. The advantage of a stack is that you get some  cumulative gain when
used together plus it hears better because some of  the nulls are filled in.
Do some antenna modeling for more details.

    Multiple antennas will allow you to select  different takeoff and
arrival angles and different headings with easy  switching. As some 10M
contesters will attest, a 10M yagi at 30 can work like  gangbusters. Ten-meter
contests have been won with low antennas like that.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH

Steps!