Re: [TowerTalk] radials

To: k4fj@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] radials
From: Dan <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:35:00 -0700
Steve: I just gave a PPT presentation for our club called "Antenna Hints
and Kinks" In that are pictures and discussion of an attachment I built
for plowing in radials plus much more  I originally mounted it on a
large riding mower with a spool of wire above it. Since moving to
Spokane from Texas I mounted it on my tractor. In Texas I plowed in 24
160m radials in less than an hour. The PPT is on our club web page
www.sdxa.org. The link is at the bottom of the first page. There are
thirty odd slides in it. It lasts about an hour. The slides are moved by
double clicking and at the lower LH corner is a small speaker image.
Double click it for the narration that goes with each slide. Nearly all
of the ideas are mechanical gadgets used in my station which have been
learned in 60 years of hamming. There is one slight error in the
presentation, I referred to RG134 teflon coax and of course I meant RG142.
Enjoy, 73, Dan, N5AR