Re: [TowerTalk] radials

To: "Ian White GM3SEK" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] radials
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:56:15 -0700 (PDT)
Ian White GM3SEK wrote:

>>I am planning a 160M vertical with radials.? I am looking for a device
>>that will attach to my tractor's 3 point hitch and cut a narrow and
>>shallow slit in the ground.?
>
> http://sm2cew.com/plow.htm
> 73 from Ian GM3SEK

This looks like it is basically made of "hardware store"
angle iron.  However, I wonder about the blade.  It is necessary
to use some special alloy of steel?  Should the blade be sharpened
on the leading edge?  I saw some replacement blades made for
plows at the farm store.  Is it worth trying to adapt one of these?
Anyone used one of these on a "lawn tractor" as opposed to a real
farm tractor?

Rick N6RK