Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to broadcast television transmitters

To: Steve <steve65@suddenlink.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to broadcast television transmitters
From: Brian Gieryk <ke6iyc@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:11:52 -0700
Being a transmitter engineer for Fox television, Los Angeles (CA), I
can tell you unequivocly YES, they can be an issue.

What you need to know are the RF channel, Power level (ERP), and
distance (directionl vs. non directional antenna info would be helpful
also)

This information is available in a few places, check the FCC website,
the individual stations public file, and call the stations, ask for
the engineering department (alot of TV engineers are hams, and should
be happy to help)

Best of luck, and keep us updated!

Brian
KE6IYC