Re: [TowerTalk] Please remove my address from the list

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Please remove my address from the list
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:49:32 -0700
On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:31:10 -0700, Jack Brindle wrote:

>There are a lot of tools to make email lists a lot easier to work
>with. Learning to use them is lots of fun, and life is much easier
>after you do!

Yes. All the good email programs make it easy to sort incoming mail
into folders. I subscribe to nearly a dozen email lists. Each comes
into it's own folder, and I read them when I have time.

I do NOT recommend the digest -- that makes it hard to clean up your
hard drive by deleting stuff you don't care about. Individual emails
coming into folders for each list are by far the easiest way to do
it.

For many years, I've used PMMail, which started out life in OS/2 and
was ported to Windoze at least ten years ago when OS/2 outlived it's
usefulness. It works very well, but is getting a bit long in the
tooth (it doesn't handle embedded stuff), and I'm probably going to
switch to Thunderbird. I've tried Thunderbird on one of my email
accounts for several months and am quite happy with it.

73,

Jim K9YC