Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns
From: Rideout Family <rosienme@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 02:28:50 -0800
I feed each loop with a 72 ohm matching stub which terminates in a 5 band
remote coax switch mounted on the tower.  No balun and it's 1-1 SWR at the
design frequency for each band.  Tying all feed points together is just like
putting up 5 dipoles and tying all feed points together, it can be done but
does not work well.

Art WA6IPD