[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Multi-Band Vertical Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Multi-Band Vertical Question
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:52:11 -0400
 First problem; your beautiful, very well generated, filtered and harmonic free
output with harmonics maybe, well below any possible regulation (say -180dB
even if this is unrealistic) could easily be up to -15 - 20 dB and generate
signals in receivers that don't want to hear you. No, you will not hear that.

Second problem; signals from surrounding transmitters could, by
cross-modulation, generate signals in places there you want to listen to those
rare DX that you have been hunting for years. Yes, you will hear that but
doesn't necessary associate those signals with cross-modulation as there is so
much QRM anyhow (or maybe that's the cross-modulation).

I remember the first time I had the pleasure listening to a REAL good radio (a
Collin S something) and was amazed how clearly I could hear BC stations without
that hissing and whistling I heard in my Telefunken radio at home. Good
antenna? No, it was the cross-modulation in this case in the radio that did the
difference.

Hans - N2JFS