Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Fed Tower

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Fed Tower
From: Kelley <kshaddrick@jetup.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:50:53 -0600
Thanks for all the replies both on the list and privately.

Today, being a beautiful day here in Minnesota, 60 and sunny, I took the
afternoon off and ran 8 more radials. It didn't really impact the SWR on
my shunt feed much at all.

I also added another variable capacitor as many of you suggested. I was
able to get the SWR down to 2:1 @ 1.8 MHz (R of 28, X of 28).

It's a bear to tune though, whenever I get near the capacitors, my
physical presence changes the readings by quite a bit, resulting in a
lower SWR reading until I back away.

Kelley - W0RK