Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp-on PL259 et al

To: "'K8RI on TT'" <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp-on PL259 et al
From: "Peter Dougherty" <w2irt@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:17:37 -0500
-----Original Message-----

I've never had one pull back. It appears that possibly the wrong die was
used not making a tight enough crimp.
The crimp sleeve is covered so I can't tell for sure, but it looks like
the crimp may have been too far back. It should be right against the
connector shoulder.

Photos without the heatshrink would tell much more.

[pjd] When the crimp was made it was made flush with the barrel. It has
pulled back within the past couple of years. I will hopefully get around to
replacing it with a real connector this week, and when I do, I'll post a pic
of the connector with the heat-shrink removed. This cable is the only one
that gets any real use "day-to-day" as it's the one that gets removed when
threatening weather approaches.

Regards,

Peter,
W2IRT