[TowerTalk] Tri-EX Tashjain Towers fit 2" mast ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-EX Tashjain Towers fit 2" mast ?
From: Chris Merchant KA1LMR <ka1lmr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:49:02 -0700 (PDT)
I notice the 4" sleeve below the thrust bearing of a WT-51 tower is just a hair
over 2"  ID. I am wondering if an actual 2" steel 1026 Steel pipe will
comfortably fit inside and turn  without a problem when greased?  I tested a 1
7/8 pipe  there didnt seem to be much play in the sleave but was a little
sloppy fit  in the upper  thrust bearing lip. just dont want to spend $300 or
so on a actual 2" mast if its not going to fit.