Re: [TowerTalk] Where to get HFTA Software

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Where to get HFTA Software
From: "Steve W3AHL" <w3ahl@att.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 07:42:43 -0500
I supplied some HFTA plots to the N5ZC, the originator of this thread last
night.

If anyone else wants JUST the radial elevation profiles but doesn't want the
hassle of learning Microdem and extracting the DEM elevation data, I can
supply a zip file with the radial profiles at 5 degree intervals that HFTA
expects, based upon 1/3 arc second (10m) resolution DEMs from USGS.

I need your exact antenna location, preferably in decimal degrees to at
least five decimal places.  Using Google Maps or Google Earth is strongly
encouraged.

It takes about 20 minutes to generate the files -- mostly waiting for the
DEM data to download from USGS.  I did about 20 of these after a similar
offer last December.  It may take me a few days to send the files, depending
on what else I'm doing.

I would rather not do the full HFTA runs, unless you have some unusual
circumstances that prevent you from being able to do it.

Steve, W3AHL