Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower 25g bracketed specs

To: towertalk@contesting.com, wa0ttn@netdave.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower 25g bracketed specs
From: jcjacobsen@q.com
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 20:03:25 -0400 (EDT)
Yo,

Dave is looking for answers for his soon to be moved/bracketed tower:

<snip>
Hi guys, I'm in the process of relocating my 35' freestanding Rohn 25G tower
after 8.5 years on the air.
<more snip>
3. The specs also state that the base has to be the same 2x2x4 feet of
concrete that was spec'ed for self-supporting and guyed towers.

<end snip>

Granted, Dave probably has the tower down by now AND I'm hoping that the "2x2x4
foot base" was a mistake when Dave typed it.

The Rohn specs for SELF SUPPORTING 25G is 4x4x4 feet......... I can't believe
no one else caught this. A base 2x2x4 feet, self supporting, would be just a
tad wiggly, unless of course it was surrounded by a cacoon of concrete another
2 foot thick.

Other than this, good luck with your project........ AND always do what the
tower mfg says..... (was/isn't that what someone on this list always says?
GRIN)

Later
73 es GDDX
K9WN Jake