Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole center insulator strain releif

To: Dan Hearn <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole center insulator strain releif
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:15:02 -0700
I agree with Dan,  on the tower I also use a nylon cord to provide support for
the cable.
For a dipole with the coax suspended from the SO-239, I don't know of any
commercially available dipole
center connectors that provide strain relief for the cable.  I have used them
without any issues of coming loose or damaging the cable.
The issues I have had are from my not adequately sealing the connection and
water finds its way in.

73,
Bob
K6UJ