Re: [TowerTalk] bonding to AC power box or inside fuse panel?

To: K1TTT <k1ttt@arrl.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] bonding to AC power box or inside fuse panel?
From: john nistico <electric911inc@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 21:06:43 -0500
According to the underwriter lightning suppression course I took the proper way
is to run as long a length of bare copper wire in the ground. giving the strike
as much area to dissipate as possible. Also cad welding the wire to a 10 ft
ground rod every 50 to 100 feet is highly recommended. And not to change the
subject but can i get an opinion  for this weekends 160 contest? I have a
customer with a 180ft support I can use to hold up an antenna.    Should i put
up an inverted v or a vertical with 4 ground radials 135 ft long. the feed
point will be 50 ft above the ground. Thanks.

John J. Nistico
911 Electric Inc.
516.356.6071