Re: [TowerTalk] Which Balun with the TH7DXX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which Balun with the TH7DXX
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:19:25 +0200
No problem with winding that cable on a 4" pvc pipe.
And that cable is cheaper for me then four Fair-Rite toroids.

The 40m yagis feed point impedance is 28 ohms.
For the transformation and balun I use a transmission line transformer made
of parallel and single sections of RG142.
All this coax is wound on two large (4.7") stacked 4C65 cores which are
similar to 61 mix.

SWR measured behind 74m of coax (90% 7/8"):

6.930= 1.5
7.000= 1.2
7.120= 1
7.200= 1.2