Re: [TowerTalk] Welding Rebar

To: garyschafer@comcast.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Welding Rebar
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 15:40:19 -0400
On 4/13/2014 4:37 PM, Gary Schafer wrote:
My thought on welding the ears to the plate would include another small
plate or angle off to the side of the ear for additional support rather than
just welding the bottom of the ear to the plate. You would end up with
something that looked like the ear was welded to a large rod but would have
the additional support of being attached across the bottom of the ear as
well as the edge and part of the side.

It would increase the area of weld, but the original weld along the side reinforces the strength where the bolts are located. I don't know if this would be a problem or not. You could increase the thickness and width of the ear to compensate. Don't forget to take the changes in dimensions into account.

As a side not. I'm getting notices of excessive bounces, but it appears all of my posts have made it to the reflector, so this is also a test. Perhaps I've caught a termite, or someone is trying to spoof my account

73

Roger  (K8RI).

<Many, many repeats snipped>