Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor "Tripleye" Heads

To: "'Larry K4AB'" <larry.k4ab@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor "Tripleye" Heads
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:32:04 -0600
Just where has the ham spirit gone?  Everything seems to have to be done by
professionals.  Soil analysis ... really.  I don't see the power company
doing a soil analysis before screwing in an anchor here.  A 14" auger on a
8' long rod (Byron) is over kill for my 110' tower.  IMO the guy wires would
break before that sucker would pull out.  I 'dig' my ABC anchors in and they
pull against undisturbed ground.  Besides in most places I couldn't get a
machine in to screw them in.

Doug

"Think of all the ways you can hurt yourself laughing."