Re: [TowerTalk] Sad day - W9ZUC tower accident

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sad day - W9ZUC tower accident
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:46:22 -0600
One of my short lanyards had locking mechanisms on the hook.  What I found
with experience is the locking mechanisms were more of a hazard than
without.  I found them so difficult to unhook with one hand.
My practice is to pay attention to your hooks to make sure you are locked in
and always, always test your belt to make sure it is going to hold before
you let your hands go.
Doug