Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 difference from G-1000

To: towertalk@contesting.com, dxdx@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800 difference from G-1000
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 13:07:07 -0500
>  For what it's worth, I lost two G-1000 rotors to wind  storms. My 5
element, 20 meter mono band Yagi and a 3 element SteppIR, which  are
mounted 12 feet apart on the same mast, were too much load for the 1000.
I replaced the rotor with a Yaesu 2800 some time ago and it has held up
just fine.

    Next time install the antennas on OPPOSITE  sides of the mast. While
not symmetrical, there is enough wind force  cancellation to reduce the load
on the rotator significantly.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs
Cell: 206-890-4188