Re: [TowerTalk] Cordless solder irons

To: "AB2E Darrell" <ab2e@hotmail.com>, "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cordless solder irons
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:47:27 +0900
Harbor freight has a very handy butane unit. It's got a soldering tip and (importantly) a built-in igniter.

http://www.harborfreight.com/butane-pencil-torch-41169.html

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: AB2E Darrell
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:14 AM
To: Jim Thomson ; towertalk@contesting.com

I had a hand-held butane soldering iron that worked well out of the house.
A quick search on eBay shows both butane and also some battery powered soldering irons.
73 Darrell AB2E