Re: [TowerTalk] Single tower and 3 monoband yagis - "Christmas three"

To: Fuad Arnautovic <infobih@infobih.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Single tower and 3 monoband yagis - "Christmas three"
From: Billy Cox <aa4nu@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 20:18:09 +0000 (UTC)
Good Afternoon Fudo,

May I suggest before you invest into doing this, you review W6QHS/W6NL
and N6BT's published materials on the "christmas tree".

Both found the performance, regardless of which yagi that you place on
the top, was much less especially on 10 and 15.

Many years ago, I helped friends put up (despite all my reservations)
a 3L40, 5L20, 5L15, and 5L10, all Telrex, on a 3" mast that was at
best perhaps 14' in exposed height on 100' of Rohn 55G.

It was simply too many antennas placed too close together. I still
believe he would have been better off with the 3L40 and a larger
tribander, something like the C31XR or similar option today and use
individual feedlines for each band?

Hope this helps and Season Greetings to you and yours!

73 de Billy, AA4NU