Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Near Field Lightning Damage

To: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Near Field Lightning Damage
From: Mickey Baker <n4mb@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:31:07 -0400
​N2JFS>> ​"
I believe a EMP strong enough to take out a watch also will take out the
person carrying that watch.
​"

I sustained a serious injury in 2000 when lightning hit a tree about 10'
away from where I had squatted. My gastrocnemius sustained damage which
resulted in compartment syndrome, a trip to the emergency room and a 4
compartment fasciotomy. It was a big deal to me, but a common lightning
injury. No direct hit, but indirect serious injury.

​This is typical of injury caused by near field induced current by
lightning.

Be careful out there!

Mickey N4MB​