Re: [TowerTalk] Rotating tower guying question

To: "'Andre VanWyk'" <kr5dx@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotating tower guying question
From: "John Langdon" <jlangdon1@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 20:55:07 -0500
You always want to use EHS for several feet near the tower (falling tools,
antennas, etc.) and near the ground (grassfires, vandals, etc.).

To be sure there are no issues with electrical interactions with EHS you
should model the installation. Failing that, there are tables (in the ARRL
antenna book and others) of lengths least likely to be resonant in the ham
bands.

The more different antennas at various heights you have on the tower, either
stacked arrays or just several antennas, the more is the chance that EHS
will disrupt the patterns, where Phillystran will not.

There are also some polygonal fiberglass rods that are less expensive than
Phillystran, (see http://bit.ly/1EK6NSl for examples) but there is a
relatively large minimum order, when you can find it.

73 John N5CQ