Re: [TowerTalk] rotator cable

To: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotator cable
From: Mickey Baker <n4mb@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 21:07:33 -0400
The Wireman, K1CRA and others  stock various control cables at reasonable
prices:

https://thewireman.com/rotorp.html
https://www.k1cra.com/searchresults.asp?cat=2009
http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-004483
(Sorry if I left someone out.)

The choice is primarily the size of the conductors. Figure out the length
of wire that you need and refer to the operating manual of your rotator for
the size cable you need. Bigger is better, I use wire with 2 16 Gauge and 6
18 Gauge wires for a 120 foot run for my TailTwister.

I like the cables made by DavisRF as sold be K1CRA - Nice UV resistant
jacket holds up in the Florida sun.
http://www.davisrf.com/rotorcab.php

I use the Cinch Jones-type connectors for 10 conductors (easier to find
than 8) that you can find on E-Bay to connect for a unplug/cutoff. I have a
pigtail on my older rotor controller, but the newer ones have an 8 pin
cinch built in, I understand.

I have no relationship to any of these suppliers other than being a
customer.

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net