Re: [TowerTalk] Reverse Fed Towers

To: "wosborne44@gmail.com" <wosborne44@gmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Reverse Fed Towers
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:47:32 -0500
HI William

 I have use the N4NG  reverse feed system for years .  I lost my 3 element 40
meter beam @ 108'   . this was the top loading. I replaced it with a Chushcraft
XM 240  with it's insulated elements I no longer had any top loading  other
then the boom  and could not get the radials to  low enough ( tripping danger)
to work.
The formulas given in the original article     were a good starting point..
I never had a model was just using the trim, move and,measure approach .  Ended
up with 8 radials cut and tuned for 1.825 MHZ  @ 36 '  on a 105' tower and
antenna @ 108

Wayne W3EA