Re: [TowerTalk] OT but relevant

To: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@pcnet.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT but relevant
From: Mark Pride via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:03:32 +0000 (UTC)
Interesting topic.
I have a family member that has a pacemaker and one of the concerns I had of
course, could I continue to play radio - KW's multi transmitter, etc.
In a controlled experiment, I had arranged for the company technician to come
to my house and monitor/control the device (through a loop detection system
they normally use) while I did some transmitting.
Results:  Amazing.  No issue at all.  Imagine running 1500 watts on 4 bands
simultaneously and where there was a directional antenna used, the antenna was
pointed at the house.  In fact, even their test equipment that carry, had no
issue either.
Granted your mileage may vary but needless to say now, there has no ill effect
what so ever (thankfully) Regards, Mark, K1RX