[TowerTalk] Open-wire spacers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Open-wire spacers
From: Steve Walter <stevewalter90@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 18:57:01 -0500
I have had over 1200' of home brew open-wire feedline outside for about
five years.  I use the polyethylene black water pipe sold at my local
Tractor Supply store. It comes in large rolls and I believe is 1/2" inside
dia. It has shown no sign of degradation.  I run it through a jig on my
radial arm saw to cut it to length (2" for me) then I drill holes in each
end that are sized to hold my wire snugly.  Finally I saw slits in each end
to slide the wire to the hole.  The worst part is snapping the wire into
the slot...tough on the fingers if you do 1200' of it!  I use insulated
stranded 14 gauge wire which grips nicely with the spacer.  They CAN be
slid around if needed but dont move on their own.  Bare wire might not grip
so well.

73,  Steve WA3A