Re: [TowerTalk] Need help with tower info

To: Chris Hoelzle <choelzle@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help with tower info
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 21:32:57 -0500
Chris,

You may be much happier, since you have 40 acres, putting up two towers.

In addition to being less expensive than some of the options suggested,
interaction will not be a problem, mast material is no problem, flexibility in
turning antennas in different directions will be a plus, and rotators will be
easier to deal with and less expensive.  If you were to try to turn what you
mentioned with anything less than a prop pitch you may have issues.  You will
also have the flexibility of having the antennas at different heights, if you
want.

One thing to consider is whether there will be any wind load on a tower a few
seconds after a 110 mph wind hits it.  I would bet that the towers will be
there and the antennas, well not so much.  Yes, in reality these towers will
handle a lot more than their ratings would indicate.

If it were me, I would  consider 55G for the 40m antenna and 45G for the multi
bander or better yet, for ease of maintenance and plenty of headroom on specs,
a 65G rotating tower.  That will handle a lot of antenna and the rotator is at
ground level.

73... Stan, K5GO