Re: [TowerTalk] What do do on 80 when height restricted?

To: electric911inc@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What do do on 80 when height restricted?
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 09:39:49 -0700
I did plenty good with an HF2V (26 feet).  I did very poorly with it on 80
until I put in adequate radials.  It performed well enough (though not as
good as it could have) with lousy radials.

There's a lot of multi-band verticals out there that work OK (not great,
but OK enough to be acceptable) on higher bands with mediocre radials.
But,IME, if you don't have enough radials down, 80m will ruthlessly expose
this fact.

Larry WO7R