[TowerTalk] What do do on 80 when height restricted?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What do do on 80 when height restricted?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 16:20:49 -0700
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 19:40:06 +0000 (UTC)
From: Tom_N2SR <tom_n2sr@yahoo.com>
To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>

I second (or third) the HF2V. ? I had one up with about 60 radials for about 6
years. ?Before I put it up, I had less than 30 countries on 40 and 80. ?When I
took it down I had 240 countries on 40 and 185 countries on 80. ?
I was even able to create a switching scheme to switch resonances between cw
and ssb. ?
Tom, N2SR

##  and how do you install  60 x  long radials  on a city lot ?     Even if the
vert is elevated, the radials then HAVE to be  long, to resonate it on 80m.
Thats  tough on a city lot.    The problem with ground mounted verticals,
on city lots, is they radiate into the home.   Then with stucco homes, there is
chicken  mesh beneath the stucco... and ditto with the neigbours, like being in
a faraday shield.   Once elevated in the clear, the difference can be
astounding.   But radials on the low bands like  80m is tough.

Jim  VE7RF