Re: [TowerTalk] Moving a Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Moving a Tower
From: Gene K5GS <k5gs@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:52:57 -0700
According to UST catalog, that tower weighs 430 pounds, and nests at 12 feet..... Car flatbed would be perfect. Hire a light duty boom tow truck on each end to lift, or a few strong men.

I recently moved an HDX-572 from Colorado to Arizona. 20 foot car trailer was not recommended because the tower would hang over the back, and crossing state lines would expose us to being stopped in 3 different states.

Hired a dedicated flatbed firm that picked it up at my former home and took it to a storage location near the future new home. Expensive, but painless as I was too busy moving the household goods to a temporary residence. We thought it would take a few months to sell the mountain home, it sold 6 days after listing, crunch time, tower became a distraction.

Cheers,
Gene K5GS